1. Your Name: Samara Marie Montgomery Leathers
2. Graduating Class of ICN: 1991
3. Favorite Memory at Norcom: Marching in the Versatile “100” Band, Pep Rallies, speaking in front of the School board against the closing of Norcom, Senior Trip to Atlanta, Senior Assembly.
4. Your goal for the position you hold this year: To increase membership and communication. To also close the generation gaps amongst the various classes in the ICNAA.
5. Favorite Quote: “It’s always better to have and not need…than to need and not have” and “To be early is to be on time, to be on time is to be late”
6. Favorite Teacher/Admin at Norcom: too many to name (Mr. James Butts, Mr. Kevin Davenport, Ms. Ophelia Walton, to name a few)
7. What's your professional background/what do you do for a living and how long have you been doing it? If you are retired...what DID you do? My background is Special Education (Learning Disabilities and Emotional Disturbances). I worked as a SPED teacher/Admin for 20 years. I also served as a SPED Assessor and lived in Sagamihara, Japan for 5 years. I left teaching in 2018 and I am currently the Owner/CEO/QDDP for Quintessence Resources. I have group homes for individuals with Developmental Disabilities.
8. What advice would you give your teenage self? Have fun, but study hard
9. What's the first concert you ever attended? New Edition
10. Favorite memory or favorite place to visit in Portsmouth? David’s Night Club, Family Fish House Restaurant, the little white house with Santa that was in MidCity, and seeing my dad when he worked security as a cop at Frank D. Lawrence stadium. I also love to hear the many stories that people tell about my Dad when he used to ride the motorcycle for Portsmouth Police Department. BTW… His name was Samuel A. Montgomery and he was the first black cop to ride the motorcycle for Portsmouth Police Department, he also ran for Sheriff twice.
11. Your Pet Peeve People that DO NOT---Say what they mean and mean what they say!
12. Guilty Pleasure Binge watching Netflix and playing board games with my kids